Retail Sales Lead
Retail Sales Lead
The Salt Pines Retail Sales Lead is a retail professional who embraces the Salt Pines culture and provides a world-class shopping experience to all Salt Pines customers. This position has responsibility for assisting with the daily operation of the Salt Pines retail store. This includes sales, serving the customer, and safeguarding the assets of the store. The following specific responsibilities supplement the overall duties:
OUR RETAIL SALES LEADS MUST:
- Understand the overall concept of Salt Pines, including the lifestyle, the customer, the merchandise, etc.
- Present and sell merchandise consistent with the brand:
- Greet each customer and provide the sales assistance appropriate to sell merchandise to the customer.
- Know the merchandise on the floor and suggest merchandise to customers as appropriate.
- Provide suggestions to management for merchandising which may improve sales.
- Build a personal client book.
- Use the POS software system effectively:
- Learn the point-of-sale software system and be able to troubleshoot in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager.
- Use the system to perform the following tasks: routine register transactions, routine inventory receiving and transfers, and opening and closing of the registers and store.
- Learn, reference, and share current product knowledge with customers; providing prompt recommendations and professional service to enhance their shopping experience (e.g. fit, fashion wardrobe advice and suggesting additional items)
- Actively participate in all store-related meetings, working towards exceeding sales and service performance goals set by store management
- Operate the store consistently with the prescribed company policies and procedures for the store.
- Provide ideas to grow and improve the business. This may include ideas for merchandising, staffing, floor displays, store fixtures, advertising, promotion, hours of operation or any other ideas which may improve and grow the business.
- Safeguard the assets of the store:
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory.
- Prevent inventory shrink to the extent reasonable and appropriate.
- Assist in performing cycle counts, and a year-end comprehensive physical inventory.
- Open/close registers and store in the absence of the manager.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You have 2+ years retail experience customer and sales experience customer and sales experience
- You have initiative and self-assurance to be able to approach and sell customers comfortably.
- You demonstrate a high level of dedication, commitment and initiative to operate a store dependably and with minimal supervision or direction.
- You have the ability and comfort level to operate with an automated point of sale system.
- You have the detail orientation necessary to safeguard the assets of the store. This includes cash reconciliation and inventory management.
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required – frequently
- Climbing ladders – occasionally
- Routine standing for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
- Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Salt Pines sailed into Tampa during August of 2013 with a mission to enrich our customers' coastal lifestyle. We’re inspired by the beauty and accessibility of the outdoors in our great region of Tampa Bay. Our team of coastal adventure enthusiasts works to curate the best collection for all activities. In our eyes, the perfect day is spent on the water, golf course, beach or backyard barbecue…basically, we love life on the coast.
Salt Pines is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.